Brickell is a popular district in downtown Miami, known for its luxury apartments, fantastic dining, and upscale shopping. The Brickell City Center is a giant shopping and dining hub in the center of the district, known as being ‘a city within a city.’
The Brickell City Center is a remarkable shopping and mixed-use project that offers multiple levels of luxury brands, top-rated restaurants, and entertainment. The open-air, natural lighting, and green spaces make the mall a wonderful place to spend a few hours walking around.
This guide will include everything you need to know about visiting the Brickell City Centre.
- When Did Brickell City Center Open?
- Who is the owner of Brickell City Centre?
- Where is Brickell City Center?
- Is Brickell City Center Open?
- How Much is Parking at Brickell City Center?
- What to do in Brickell City Center
- Staying at the Brickell City Center
- Living in Brickell City Center
- Things To Do Near Brickell City Center
- More About Brickell, Miami
Brickell City Center was an urban design project that began in 2012 and officially opened in 2016. Although the project was originally proposed in the 2000s, it was considered unfeasible during the sudden economic crisis. However, the center was reconsidered in 2012 due to the city’s ongoing urban planning and real estate renewal.
The $1.05 billion dollar project was created to be a mixed-use complex, combining shopping, dining, entertainment venues, offices, and residential towers into one giant plaza. The center spans five blocks and is approximately 4.9 million square feet.
Who is the owner of Brickell City Centre?
The Bricker City Center is owned by Swire Properties, Simon Property Group, and the Whitman Family. However, the innovative urban architecture design of Brickell City Center is mainly the work of Swire Properties, one of the most well-known international real estate developers in the area.
Swire Properties is also known for its work in designing and building Brickell Key, an upscale residential community located on a man-made island off mainland Brickell.
Swire Properties combined its urban vision with various sustainability elements to create an architectural masterpiece that has transformed the Brickell neighborhood while simultaneously protecting the environment.
At the heart of the Brickell City Center’s blueprints was the desire to create an urban masterpiece capable of being environmentally friendly. One of the core pillars of the city center’s mission is its incredible Climate Ribbon.
The Brickell City Center’s Climate Ribbon is a 150,000 square foot trellis that spans over three blocks of the building. It has a dual purpose, both as an artistic element and a way to harness the natural light of the sun. The steel and glass reflect the light from the sky across the inside of the center, allowing them to use less electricity.
The Brickell City Center is located in the heart of downtown Miami, within the Brickell District. This is the address:
701 S Miami Ave
Miami FL 33131
There are many ways to get to the Brickell City Center, depending on where you are coming from and the mode of transportation you use.
- Driving from I-95: Take exit 1B off of 1-95 to US 41. You’ll hit Southwest 8th Street, where there are multiple entrances on 8th Street that are difficult to miss.
- Driving from South Miami Avenue: Drive north down South Miami Avenue. You can either turn right or keep heading straight until you find a parking entrance. If you are driving south, take a right and then a left onto 8th Street, where you’ll find the main parking lot.
- Driving from Brickell Avenue: Driving down Brickell Avenue, you’ll want to turn on to 7th Street. From there, you will pass multiple entrances to the parking garages on both the left and right sides of the street.
- Taking the Metrorail: The Metrorail is an easy rail system spread across Miami. Wherever you come from, you can hop off at Brickell Station. From there, you’ll have to walk a few minutes before reaching the center. It costs $2.25 one way.
- Taking the Metromover: The Metromover is a free light rail system in downtown Miami. It is 4.4 miles and connects you to both the Metrorail and bus lines. There are three different loops you can take that run seven days a week, from 5AM to midnight.
Yes, the Brickell City Center is currently open. Here are the Brickell City Center hours:
From Monday to Saturday, the center is open from 11AM – 9PM. On Sundays, it is open from 11AM – 7PM.
The city center may be closed on certain holidays. You can check the hours on the Brickell City Center website for more information.
The Saks Fifth Avenue that anchors the rest of the shopping mall has its own hours. From Monday to Saturday, it is open from 12PM – 9PM. On Sundays, its hours are 11AM – 7PM.
All the parking lots at Brickell City Center are currently open. You are able to self park at any time. Valet parking is available from Friday through Sunday, 12PM – 10PM.
The self-parking rates are as follows:
- 0-30min: Free
- 30min – 1 hour: $6
- 1hour – 2 hours: $10
- 2 hour – 3 hours: $16
- 3 hours – 4 hours: $20
- 4 hours – 5 hours: $30
- 5 hours – 6 hours: $36
- 6 hours – 24 hours: $45
If you choose to use valet parking, these are the rates you can expect to pay:
- 0 – 3 hours: $22
- 3 hours – 5 hours: $30
- 5 hours – 8 hours: $35
- 8 hours or more = $50
Here are a few of your parking options:
- 8th Street: Connected to Retail A Block, 8th Street is the easiest entrance for those driving in from I-95. If you’re planning on hitting Sak Fifth Avenue or the cinema, this is very close. Stay in the left lane as you drive down SW 1st Street before entering the west block.
- Rise valet: Right next to tenant parking is Rise valet, perfect for those who are visiting the Rise and don’t want to deal with the hassle of parking.
- Reach valet: Right off 6th Street, those visiting the Reach building can hand their car over to the valet.
- Miami Hotel valet: For those staying at Miami Hotel, you can head down South Miami Avenue to reach the hotel valet parking.
- Tenant parking: Those who live and work at Brickell City Center can choose to use the tenant parking. An access card is needed.
If you are having trouble finding where to park, the Brickell City Center website offers an interactive tour that displays how to get to one of the parking garages.
There is a vast array of shopping, dining, and entertainment options available at the Brickell Center.
Whether you want to spend a few hours buying clothes, house products, makeup, and more, dine at some of the top-rated restaurants in the city, or go catch a film at the cinema, Brickell City Center has it all. You could truly spend an entire day wandering the complex and never get bored.
The Brickell City Center offers some of the best shopping in the entire city. From high-end luxury shopping to some of your favorite affordable brands, the plaza has it all.
Here is a complete list of all the stores you will find at Brickell City Center.
Brickell City Center Shop List:
- 120% Lino
- Acqua di Parma
- Agent Provocateur
- APM Monaco
- Avant Gallery
- Baby Cottons
- Bath & Body Works
- Beach Bunny Swimwear
- Bikiny Society
- BOSS Menswear
- Chanel Fragrance & Beauty Ship
- Cole Haan
- Designer Eyes
- EPL Diamond
- Giuseppe Zanotti
- Harmont & Blaine
- Kendra Scott
- Kirk Jewelers
- Lafayette 148 New York
- Lululemon Athletica
- MAC Cosmetics
- Michele Lopriore
- Nini & Loli
- Onda de Mar
- Orlebar Brown
- Paloma Barcelo
- Price Porter
- Porsche Design
- Psycho Bunny
- Richard Mille
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Santa Maria Novella
- Seta Apparel
- Sports Action
- State & Liberty
- Ted Baker
- Tommy Bahama
- The Social Hub Miami
- Victoria’s Secret
- Vila Kids
- Violetas + Baccarat
There is also a Brickell City Center hair salon called Sean Donaldson and a Brickell City Center nail bar.
Brickell City Center has numerous restaurants, cafes, and bars to cater to your needs. Here are some of the top-rated dining experiences in the plaza.
- American Harvest: Healthy and fast American food
- Big Easy Winebar & Grill: South African food
- CH’I: Chino-Latino cuisine restaurant and bar
- Casa Tua Cucina: Open Italian kitchen
- Est.33 Thai Craft Kitchen & Brewery: Asian fusion and barbeque
- Luke’s Lobsters: Lobsters from Maine
- Marabu: Cuban-inspired restaurant and bar
- Pubbelly Sushi: Pan-Asian sushi and gastropub
- Quinto La Huella: Uruguay-inspired Latin American dining experience
- Rodilla: Artisan catering company
- Sugar at EAST, Miami: Asian-inspire tapas and cocktails
- Tacology: Authentic Mexican tacos
- Cafe Americano: Coffee shop
- Domain: Co-working cafe and bar
- Dr. Smood: Juice, smoothies, and coffee
- Häagen-Dazs: Ice cream
- Roy de France: Candy store
- The Henry: Coffee and brunch
On the fourth level of Brickell City Center is a CMX Movie Theater. This is a luxury, dine-in movie theater that combines a relaxing movie experience with comfortable reclining chairs and delicious food. You can enjoy your chef-made dinner, various cocktails, and craft beers while you watch the latest films.
CMX Brickell is also known for having some of the latest audiovisual technology from Meyer Sound Laboratories. There is one Dolby Atomis auditorium with high-tech surround sound that will be sure to impress you.
Other than the dine-in experience, there is also a CMX Stone Sports Bar where you can order food and drinks while watching the latest sports game.
Brickell City Center is centrally located in downtown Miami, within close distance of many of the top attractions in the city. If you are visiting Miami for a short time, you may consider staying at EAST, Miami, a hotel attached to the Brickell City Center.
EAST, Miami is the first and only Swires Property hotel in the United States, and they certainly put all their efforts into the space.
The hotel combines Miami’s incredible art scene with Swires Property’s sustainability mission. You’ll see bold sculptures, vibrant paintings, and unique designs filling up the space. You’ll also notice the hotel employs a reuse and recycle program, as well as other sustainability initiatives.
Staying at EAST, Miami will allow you to be seconds away from the mecca of shopping and dining within Brickell City Center. Whether you decide to spend some time walking around the plaza or exploring the nearby downtown areas, you’ll be glad you stayed in such a central location.
Going from Miami International Airport to Brickell City Center is quick and easy. Here are your options:
- Taxi or Uber: The drive takes about 15 minutes and costs from $20-$30.
- Tram and Metrorail: The cheapest option is to take the airport tram that connects to the Miami Metrorail. You should head Southbound and get off at Brickell Station. A one-way ride costs $2.25.
- Shuttle: A shuttle from the airport may cost anywhere from $40-$60, sometimes more.
- Rent a car: You can rent a car at the airport for as little as $500-$600 per week. Valet parking at the hotel costs $49 per day.
There are two residential towers attached to the Brickell City Center- the Reach Residence and the Rise Residence. These are luxury condos with balconies, city views, and many amenities.
Amenities include two rooftop pools, a spa, a fitness center, private parking, a residential cafe, a business center, private areas, outdoor fitness space, lush gardens, lounge and dining areas, barbeque space, children play spaces, and more!
These luxury apartments are beautifully designed and put you smack dab in the center of Brickell, one of the best places to live in Miami. You will also receive privileged access to the Grand Bay Club, a top-rated beach club located right on the ocean.
To learn more about living in Brickell City Center, you can reach the real estate team at the following number: 305-925-0011.
Wandering around the Brickell City Center can take you anywhere from two hours to an entire day. If you have some extra time on your hands, you should definitely check out some of the top attractions nearby.
This is another popular open-space area in Brickell filled with stores and restaurants. If you’re tired of shopping and eating, it is a nice area to take a little stroll through.
Take a walk through Simpson Park Hammock, one of the best green spaces surrounded by the city’s high rises. Take a moment to relax and enjoy the peace of this lovely space. It is completely free and will provide a nice contrast to the busy shopping plaza of Brickell City Center.
Walk along the coast and check out the man-made island that many people are now living on. You can simply walk around, or you can choose to relax on one of the nearby beaches. This walk is also great at night when you can see the entire skyline lit up.
One of the best bars in the city is actually located on the 40th floor of Brickell City Center. Sugar has some pricey drinks, but they are extremely well-loved. Not to mention with floor-to-ceiling windows, the view from the bar is pretty incredible!
El Tucán Nightclub is another fan favorite. Known for being one of the best nightclubs in Miami, this jungle-themed Latin dance club really gets everyone up and moving.
Brickell has a very widely regarded local art scene. If you’re an art fan, you will definitely want to check out some of the art museums in the neighborhood. One of the most popular museums is the Pérez Art Museum Miami. If you want a more immersive experience, go have some fun at Maurice A. Ferré Park, an outdoor museum park.
There are also numerous smaller art galleries you can check out. Visit the Fredric Snitzer Gallery for some contemporary pieces, the Artechouse for an interactive experience, or Locust Projects for a place to look at art while you sip some delicious coffee.
If you’re more of a science fan, you won’t want to miss the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science. It has a state-of-the-art planetarium, a large aquarium, and some super cool installations about the ecosystems that live within Southern Florida.
History lovers can check out the Miami History Museum and learn about how the city came to be what it is today.
Freedom Tower is one of the more well-known buildings in Miami’s skyline. The bright yellow old-architectural design stands out amongst the buildings of metal and glass.
Known as the ‘Ellis Island’ of Miami, Freedom Tower is where many Cuban refugees were brought to become US citizens. Now, it boasts an exhibit about the Cuban diaspora, as well as several art exhibits.
The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts has numerous shows year-round that you may decide to catch while you’re in the city. The center includes the Ziff Ballet Opera House, the Carnival Studio Theater, and the Knight Concert Hall.
Many Broadway shows have passed through the theater as well as local companies. There are also many touring concerts who play here, as well as Miami HEAT. Whatever you enjoy, there is a little something for everyone.
Brickell, Miami is a district in the downtown sector of the city famous for its luxury condos, fine dining, upscale shopping, museums, and entertainment. Many young professionals have flocked to this part of the city in recent years, hoping to score some of the nicer apartments and live amongst the excitement of the city.
Whether you are deciding on a place to live or where to stay during your visit to the city, Brickell will surely be up there on your list of options.
Read on to find out a bit more about Brickell and all it has to offer.
Brickell is widely known for its luxury condos and residential apartments. It’s filled with up-scale high-rise buildings overlooking the Atlantic coast. It has become a very popular place to live in the past few years. Brickell is also known for its top-rated restaurants, shopping, and entertainment available, especially along Miami Avenue.
Dubbed the ‘Wall Street’ of Miami, Brickell is the city’s financial and business hub. Not only are there an extensive amount of living, eating, and entertainment options, but many individuals go to work in Brickell on the daily.
This makes it an excellent place to live, especially for those who work in the area. The downtown district simply has everything you could possibly need.
Brickell is considered to be a very safe area in Miami. It is always crowded and is especially well-lit due to the extensive amount of shops and restaurants.
In fact, those that live in Brickell say that it has the pedestrian-friendly vibe of New York City. Many choose to ditch their cars and walk or bike because of the close distance of everything. Since there are so many people always out on the street, you feel much safer.
Don’t just rely on the vibes, though- the statistics check out, too. The crime rate in Brickell, Miami is actually 25% lower than the United States national average. It’s really no wonder it has become such a popular place to live; it’s safe and has so much to offer.